Recreation at Glade Reservoir

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
recreation

A Recreation Concept Master Plan is being developed to plan for new, outdoor, water‐based recreation facilities at Glade Reservoir including fishing, boating, camping, hiking, biking and other recreation options. This plan is based on commitments by the Northern Integrated Supply Project (NISP) to provide public access to the new Glade Reservoir and associated fishery and approximately 170 acres of land surrounding the reservoir. NISP is also actively seeking to acquire the existing KOA Campground at the intersection of U.S. Highway 287 and State Highway 14 for incorporation into the Recreation Concept Master Plan.

A total of $21.8 million is being committed to develop recreation facilities at Glade Reservoir. NISP will contribute 75 percent ($16.35 million) and Larimer County will contribute the remaining 25 percent. This funding is a substantial commitment by the NISP Participants and represents a guarantee to share the benefits of the project with Larimer County and the people of Larimer County. This funding will be used to develop recreation infrastructure including:

· An educational visitor center

· Fishing including expanded fish-hatchery capacity

· A 170-acre foothills recreation area

· Incorporation of the existing KOA camping area

· A boat ramp

· Campgrounds

· Trails

· Parking lots

Annual visitation to Glade Reservoir is estimated to be about 379,000 visits, if managed similar to Horsetooth Reservoir. Overall, the benefits from new recreation opportunities would be major, providing a local economic benefit between $13 to $30 million dollars as estimated in the project's Final Environmental Impact Statement.

A concept plan depicting these recreational features is included in the links to the right. Additional information can be found in the 1041 Permit Application, as well as the Recreation Concept Master Plan and Larimer County’s 2017 Reservoir Parks Master Plan to the right.

A Recreation Concept Master Plan is being developed to plan for new, outdoor, water‐based recreation facilities at Glade Reservoir including fishing, boating, camping, hiking, biking and other recreation options. This plan is based on commitments by the Northern Integrated Supply Project (NISP) to provide public access to the new Glade Reservoir and associated fishery and approximately 170 acres of land surrounding the reservoir. NISP is also actively seeking to acquire the existing KOA Campground at the intersection of U.S. Highway 287 and State Highway 14 for incorporation into the Recreation Concept Master Plan.

A total of $21.8 million is being committed to develop recreation facilities at Glade Reservoir. NISP will contribute 75 percent ($16.35 million) and Larimer County will contribute the remaining 25 percent. This funding is a substantial commitment by the NISP Participants and represents a guarantee to share the benefits of the project with Larimer County and the people of Larimer County. This funding will be used to develop recreation infrastructure including:

· An educational visitor center

· Fishing including expanded fish-hatchery capacity

· A 170-acre foothills recreation area

· Incorporation of the existing KOA camping area

· A boat ramp

· Campgrounds

· Trails

· Parking lots

Annual visitation to Glade Reservoir is estimated to be about 379,000 visits, if managed similar to Horsetooth Reservoir. Overall, the benefits from new recreation opportunities would be major, providing a local economic benefit between $13 to $30 million dollars as estimated in the project's Final Environmental Impact Statement.

A concept plan depicting these recreational features is included in the links to the right. Additional information can be found in the 1041 Permit Application, as well as the Recreation Concept Master Plan and Larimer County’s 2017 Reservoir Parks Master Plan to the right.

Recreation Survey

We're continuing to develop options for recreation at Glade Reservoir in association with the recreation concept plan, and we'd like your input.  Please fill out the following survey to help guide that process.

You need to be signed in to take this survey.

Options are limited to
Options are limited to
Options are limited to
Options are limited to
Please hold on while your response is being submitted